Welcome to some info about Extinction Rebellion (XR).
Have a look through the following options:
THANK YOU for scanning the QR code on the leaflet. Please pass that leaflet on to others.
Read on … click any links that interest you. When you read or watch something you like, share it with your networks. Spread the word about this movement and about the urgency of what the science is telling us. Together we must minimise the risk of social collapse and learn to keep the coming transition peaceful and inclusive.
- Come to the next in person event. There are Monthly meetings in West End, in Indooroopilly and in Ipswich.
- Online there are Climate Cafe Zooms, NVDA (Nonviolent Direct Action) Trainings and Heading For Extinction Talks, similar to the video below but by a presenter over Zoom.
- Sign up with XR (Extinction Rebellion) – you will get the Qld newsletter so you don’t miss trainings and protests. We don’t send out many emails. Look in your junk folder if you haven’t received anything!
- You can like the Brisbane West Facebook page, or the Brisbane/Meanjin (West End) one. Come back and check it often. Turn on Notifications for the page so you hear about events etc
- Watch this video about XR’s three Demands, who we are and why we do what we do.
- Then watch this IMPORTANT video about why XR demands a Citizens’ Assembly. This powerful system of deliberative democracy might just save our lives. Citizens’ Assemblies are the least understood and most VITAL part of XR’s strategy for change. We live in a corrupted system and CAs can help change that URGENTLY.
- Dance along to this great song (because Rebellion needs to be fun!)
- and lastly, find out about XR events both online and face to Face
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or post any comments about the leaflet or this post below.
Good luck, stay safe.